Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BBQ Chicken in slow-cooker

I fell upon this recipe and decided to try it out since I LOVE my crock pot (Christmas present from my sister a few years back). I tossed everything in the crock pot and left for the day.


----------


BBQ Chicken Crock Style

Ingredients:

- 1 fryer chicken, or 4 to 6 breasts
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

- Place chicken in slow-cooker

- Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken

- Cook over low for at least 8 hours

- Serve over rice, pasta, or as sandwiches.


----------


Of course I thought we had a ton brown sugar so I didn’t buy any. Turns out we had a ton of CONFECTIONARY sugar (UGH!) so luckily my neighbor had some brown sugar he let me use. (Note: when brown sugar gets hard, and you put it in the microwave to soften it up – DO NOT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED, as it starts to turn into lava).

Once I let the crock pot cook for 8 hours, I actually ate the chicken in a hotdog bun (didn’t have burger buns). It was a little dry (but most white meat is) but was still tasty. It’s NOTHING like my brother-in-laws homemade north Carolina BBQ…mmmmmmm….mouth watering already….but it’s not too shabby.


Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment