Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Watermelon Cucumber Salad

This salad called for a vast array of ingredients, and I was skeptical at how it would all taste together…but hey, don’t knock it till you try it (that also goes for MOST areas of life). So I tried it…and SHOULDN’T have knocked it!

----------


Watermelon Cucumber Salad


Ingredients

- ½ Red Onion

- 4 cups diced Watermelon

- 1 cucumber
- Fresh Mint (thinly sliced)
- Cashews

- ¼ cup olive oil

- Lemon Juice (from ½ lemon)

- Salt

- Goat Cheese

Directions

- Soak 1/2 thinly sliced red onion in cold water

- Pat dry 4 cups diced watermelon and 1 seeded and sliced cucumber

- toss with a handful of thinly sliced mint
- Drain the onion, squeeze dry and add to the salad

- Add some chopped cashews

- Add 1/4 cup olive oil

- Add the lemon juice

- season with salt and toss
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.

----------

First step – always prepare the ingredients!

So I sliced up the onion, watermelon, cucumber, and mint. I soaked the onion, and patted dry the watermelon and cucumber. I tossed in the watermelon and cucumber with the fresh mint leaves (from our CSA program!) and the added the onion, olive oil, cashews, and lemon juice (I really could use a juicer…>cough.giftidea.cough<. I tossed the ingredients (left out the salt) then added in the goat cheese (not normally a fan of it).

When it was all put together it was VERY tasty! I was still skeptical looking at it as a while, but my taste buds sure were happy! I would DEF make this again, and eat it poolside!

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment