Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fudge Pudding Cake

So I was perusing (I'm hoping that's correct verbiage) the Internet and stumbled upon the below recipe.

----------

Easy Fudge Pudding Cake

Ingredients:
Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sauce:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup hot water

Directions:
1. Sift flour with dry ingredients
2. Stir in milk and shortening. Then add pecans and vanilla.
3. Mix until well combined then pour into a generously greased 8 x 8-inch square pan.
4. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over cake batter.
5. Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes. Set on a rack to cool slightly (do not remove the cake from the pan). The fudgey, gooey, delicious sauce will end up on the bottom of the pan.
6. Cut (or just dig in with a fork) and serve hot or cold.

---------

My first thought "this looks easy." My second thought "who can I make this for?" Silly Apes, I can make it for MYSELF!!! So I looked at the ingredients and realized I had everything but the pecans and shortening. I stopped at the store on the way home and took care of that problem, and then it was time to bake!

So I got home and re-looked at the recipe. When a recipe calls for lots of ingredients, I get a little nervous that I'll miss something and I read it about 4 times over, BEFORE I do the first step. Even though this one had a lot of ingredients, it was still super easy.

Once it was in the oven, I happened to get a call from my friend Kevin wanting to hang out. So I told him I was baking, and he should just come over and eat the cake with me. I really twisted his arm on that one.
After the cake was done (check out the gooey goodness above) and it was cooled off - we sat down in front of the pan equipped with full glasses of milk and a fork for each of us. That cake didn't stand a chance! We got through half of it (could have done more damage but my roommate gave us ice-cream to go with it halfway through our devouring).

So try it out - it's easy and TASTY!

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment