Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kielbasa Pasta

When I was at the store this weekend I picked up some Kielbasa. I LOVE Kielbasa (thanks to my Polish roots) and I can eat it hot, cold, room temp, plain, with cheese on crackers, etc. BUT my favorite way to eat it is with sauerkraut. Those some sliced kielbasa and sauerkraut in a pan, let it heat up and I am a happy camper!

I decided I wanted to do something different with the kielbasa this time though...expand my horizons, if you must. So I checked online and found a pasta dish using it. IT IS SO SIMPLE!

----------

Kielbasa Pasta

Ingredients:
- Kielbasa (sliced)
- 1 Green Pepper (julienned - sliced skinny and lengthwise)
- 1 Red Pepper (julienned)
- 1 Onion (chopped/sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Pasta (penne is preferred, but use any kind)
- Spaghetti Sauce

Directions:
- Cook the pasta as the package instructs
- In a pan, saute the green pepper, red pepper, kielbasa, and onion with a little bit of olive oil
- Once it is all cooked, pour the spaghetti sauce over the pasta, and put the kielbasa/pepper mix over the pasta
- Eat until your heart is content :)

----------


<--- mmm, cheese on top!










<---all mixed in so you can see all the tasty pieces!







This was SUPER easy to make, but I didn't have the red pepper so I had to leave that out. I also was going to opt to go sauceless but at the last minute decided to use the spaghetti sauce after all. I also topped it all off with some shredded mozzarella cheese. It was QUITE good. I had to take a break and go back to it because it was so filling. Good thing I have leftover ingredients so I can make it again (maybe as a pre-race dinner) :)

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment