Thursday, May 13, 2010

Butterscotch Cluster/White Choc Peanuts

My dad used to make this AMAZING butterscotch clusters around the holidays when I was younger. He would take up the whole kitchen and make TONS of these clusters. It's how I knew the holidays were around, and I always thought (as all kids do) that they were super hard and complex to make, hence why he only made them once a year. Since growing up I have made the cluster myself...and WOW are they easy! You don't even need an oven!

I decided to modify it a bit as a little snack when I have a sweet tooth. I put the main recipe below, and then my modifications.

----------

Butterscotch Clusters

Ingredients
- Bag of butterscotch morsels
- Peanuts (unsalted works the best)
- Dry chow mien noodles (found in the international food aisle)
- Wax Paper

Directions
- Melt the butterscotch (I usually just toss them in the microwave for 45 sec intervals, stirring in between)
- Add the peanuts and dry noodles to the melted butterscotch and mix
- Spoon (with your hands) clumps of the mix onto the wax paper
- Let harden, then stuff your face!!!

----------

When I modified the recipe I use white chocolate morsels and then just mixed peanuts into the melted chocolate. Then I made smaller clusters, and let harden. SUPER EASY, and QUITE tasty! Perfect for when you have a sweet tooth and need a fix!
banging white chocolate peanuts!
A great idea is to make these when you are visiting a friend, or staying at their house. You should never show up empty handed, and people usually bring a bottle of wine (works well in my place!) but for those non-drinkers, or those "non-winers" you can give them this as an original gift.

Enjoy!- apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment