Monday, May 3, 2010

Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcake

Are you getting the point that I like pineapple flavors yet? Because I do!

This is the FIRST cupcake from my cupcake recipe book that I got from Ashley. We had a staff meeting Sunday morning, so I wanted to make something for the guys (and girls!). So I got all the ingredients, now I just needed to figure out when I'd be able to make them (since the cookout was Saturday).

Well, that was solved after a few drinks at the cookout. The guys wanted to order whatever fight was on...so I grabbed my apron (homemade by my Grandma) and got to baking (prob not the best idea after margaritas and sangria)!

Below is the recipe, I added my "modifications" in ugly orange.

----------

Pineapple upside-down cupcakes

Topping Ingredients
- 20oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter, melted sweet cream butter is what I used (I assume it's the same)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar

Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Grease two 12-cup muffin pans with butter (I just sprayed them with PAM) and dust with a little flour, tapping out the excess (I pretty much just got flour everywhere doing this).
- In the bottom of each cup, drizzle 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 tablespoon pineapple, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. OK, so I originally thought they meant like 1 tablespoon of EACH in EACH cup, but then I realized when I was doing that, you need a lot more ingredients then what was originally stated. So maybe they meant put a tablespoon of each ingredient together, and spread that out into the cupcake pans?
- Place all the cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes. I surprisingly had no problems with this. I'm sure the guys weren't happy about the noise while the fight was on though.
- Spoon batter on top of the pineapple mix in each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes. I pulled them out with about 2 min left, and they were already a little brown on top.
- Remove pans from oven and cool for 10minutes.
- Turn out the cupcakes onto serving dishes and eat. Or be like a fatty like me and just inhale them.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Or remember right before you pass out to put saran wrap over them while they are still in the muffin pans, and feed them to the bike shop crew the next morning.

----------

Spicy sent me a pic when he ate one, because I ate all mine before I remembered to snap a pic!

So as you can see, drunk baking isn't too bad! But as my friend Kevin said "I've never heard someone use so many curse words with baking before they even put the dish in the oven!" Thanks Kev. I let the guys try them when I was done, and I guess putting a tablespoon of everything in each cup worked - they tasted AWESOME! And the best part was that in the AM - I woke up to already-made cupcakes! SCORE!

I can tell I will become a BIG fan of this cupcake book. If the book was on facebook, I'd invent the "LOVE" button just so I could "like" it a lot. I can't wait to try more recipes!

- Enjoy! apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment