Monday, May 24, 2010

Roast Salmon Provençal

Friday after work I got home and started cooking. I had found a tasty-looking fish recipe I wanted to try. It ended up being DELICIOUS so I am happy I tried it out.

----------

Roast Salmon Provencal

Ingredients
- 4 salmon fillets or steaks, 1/2 inch thick (1 to 1 1/4 lb)
- 3 cups refrigerated unpeeled potato wedges (from 1-lb 4-oz bag)
- 1 1/2 cups small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata or ripe olives

Directions
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place salmon, potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper and zucchini in pan.
- Brush with half of the dressing; sprinkle with basil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Add olives to pan and stir vegetables slightly.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over salmon and vegetables.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are tender.

----------
Ok, so I only used 2 salmon fillets, and I didn't measure out my vegetables (of course). I diced up 2 big potatoes, quartered a container of button mushrooms (the only kind I'll eat), and used a whole pepper and a whole zucchini. I don't like olives so I left those out. I also didn't measure the dressing. Once I had everything in the pan, I just drizzled the dressing right over the food but then forgot to add the Basil. After 20 min, I drizzled more dressing over the dish, and this time remembered to sprinkle some basil over everything.

Once I took it out of the oven, I let it cool...and when I took a bike I was PLEASANTLY surprised. I'm not sure why though, since I LOVE fish, LOVE veggies, and of course LOVE Italian dressing. Maybe I was just excited because of all the flavor the dressing gave it (usually I just squeeze some lemon over the fish). Either way, I ate half of what I made (it is supposed to be 4 servings...oops).

Anyways, try it out - and feel free to add any other vegetables you like!!

- Enjoy! apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment