Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flour Tortilla Dessert

Tomorrow is cinco-de-mayo. So grab your margarita glasses and your sombreros and celebrate your Mexican heritage!

In honor of the holiday, I would like to share a SUPER easy (no oven needed) and tasty dessert recipe. I've put my modifications in this blue-ish color.

----------

Flour Tortilla Dessert

Ingredients
- 4 flour tortillas I was an idiot so I got corn tortillas. DO NOT USE CORN TORTILLAS!
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 thinly sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles I didn't use these at all
- 1 cup whipped cream I forgot about the whipped cream
- ¼ cup blueberries Figured this was optional, so didn't do
- ¼ cup raspberries Figured this was optional, so didn't do
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey

Directions
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter over each flour tortilla, leaving an inch border.
- Mix the raisins, cinnamon, bananas, honey and white sugar together.
- Spoon this mixture into the center of each flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the top. I only half paid attention to the recipe, so I mixed the nuts up with the raisin/cinn/banana/honey/sugar mix.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla to meet in the middle then roll them up and put them seam-side down on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the sugar over them. Oops, forgot that part.
- Divide the whipped cream between the tortilla wraps and decorate with the chocolate sprinkles. Also didn't do this, I wanted it to be more like a dessert burrito that you could pick up with your hands.
- Garnish the desserts with the fresh berries and serve. I'm not big into garnishing.

----------

So I made these, took one bite, then realized I had bought corn tortillas instead of flour ones. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE - so make sure you get flour tortillas. Other than that they were very tasty! One of my friends decided to make some, but he said "Every one I made, I ate. So I stopped making them". So in my book, that means SUCCESS!!

It's also something super easy that you can make if you have kids, or are having a party. The guests can just make their own wrap, and they can leave out the ingredients they don't like.

Side note - if you are working somewhere that you have to plan programs for students (Sara K.), you can also turn this into part of a Mexican celebration!

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment