Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Sister Graduates!!!

My baby sister graduated from high school this past week...CONGRATS c/o 2010!! She joined the ranks of her older sisters and donned her sweet green robe and skipped across stage to steal her diploma.

Afterwards, we partied (mandatory)! I of COURSE wanted to bring a fun dish to share. So this is what I put together for her:
Here's an up close pic so you get the FULL MONTY view:

That's right...I made a bouquet of chocolate graduation caps!!! Looks super hard, eh? THINK AGAIN!!!
----------

Chocolate Graduation Caps

Ingredients
- Reese Cups
- Chocolate Squares (I used Russel Stover individual wrapped squares)
- Lollipop Sticks (I used BBQ Skewers)
- Chocolate to melt (you can use chocolate chips just fine)
- Decorative gel
- Airheads Extremes Rainbow Berry Sweetly Sour Belts (you can also try Twizzler pull-n-peels)
- Wax Paper

Directions
- Keep the Reese's and the Choc Square in the freezer till you are ready to unwrap them
- Unwrap the Reese's and put on wax paper to get to room temp.
- Once at room temp, stick in the skewer (or lollipop stick)
- Put aside
- Unwrap the choc squares, and lay on wax paper
- Melt some chocolate chips to use as a glue
- Cut out the colors you want to use from the Sour Belts
- Using the melted chocolate, glue the sour belt to the chocolate square (making it look like a tassel)
- Top off the cap with a drop of decorative gel (or glue a mini m&m - be creative)
- Once the tops are dry, use melted chocolate to glue the top of the cap to the cap (the choc square to the Reese)

----------

Since my sister's party was a beach theme, I used an ice bucket filled with sand as the "lollipop holder". At first I was worried that no one would eat them because they were so pretty, but I was WRONG!! After everyone ate the main food, then demolished the graduation caps!!!

These were SUPER easy, and something I would make again - MUCH easier and more fun than those Oreo balls!

Enjoy! - apes -

1 comment: