Friday, June 4, 2010

HAPPY DOUGHNUT DAY!!!

June 4th is DOUGHNUT DAY!!! and for those who are aware, I DID order a DOUGHNUT MAKER for my house...and it came in yesterday. Yes, I can now make half a dozen mini doughnuts in less than FOUR MINUTES!!! THAT'S LIKE A COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!

I arrive home yesterday and sitting on my coffee table is the box containing my "mini doughnut factory". I busted that box open, threw it on the counter and jumped around with glee.
So after I made dinner...I decided to try my new toy out. It came with homemade dough instructions, and what do you know, we had EVERYTHING we needed (except the milk - so I walked to 711 to buy some). I don't have the recipe on me, so I'll post it at a later date.

I mix up the ingredients (accidentally putting too much baking powder, oops!) and put the dough onto the doughnut factory. I put WAY too much dough, and it leaked out...but when they were done (about 2 min) I still had 6 mini doughnuts!!! Once I took them off the pan(?) I dipped them in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar.
GET IN MY BELLY!!!

THEN CAME THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.....

EATING THEM!!! I tried one, and it was...D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Then Kaela tried one. Same opinion. Then my friend Alex tried one...he also enjoyed it. Then we ate them all!! MMMMM.

Now that I can make my own doughnuts, my mind won't stop racing on the kinds to make:

Coconut
Chocolate
Chocolate Chip
White Choc. Macadamia Nut
Granola!
Blueberry
Cream Cheese (that'll be a tough one!)
Cherry
hmm...liquor? Bailey's!

and the kind of toppings:

Nuts
Sprinkles
Chocolate (or any kind) Syrup
Sugar Glaze

aw man...the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

I need to go to the store and stock up on TONS of mix ideas and then take a day to just play with all the options I can make.

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment