Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random Mix from my fridge

Wow - that sounds SUPER appetizing, doesn't it? No? Ok, well how about Jasmine Rice, Broccoli, and Beef Tips? Sounds MUCH better, eh?

I was scrounging in my fridge to figure out what I could make one evening and came across some meat I still had in my freezer. It was cut up Beef Tips. I let them defrost (easiest way to defrost food - put in a ROOM TEMP bowl of water for about 30 min) and looked for a side dish.

I have a HUGE bag of Jasmine Rice (LOVE LOVE LOVE it) and settled on that but of course I wanted a vegetable! Luckily, I had some broccoli left over from the CSA pickup, so I decided that would complete the meal (and fill my tummy!).

I made the jasmine rice as it said on the box/bag (it makes 4 servings at a time so I would have PLENTY for lunch the next day), then I went to work on the meat and veggies.

I put the beef tips on the stove, and when it was about halfway done, I threw in the broccoli (chopped up). To add flavor, I added.....SOY SAUCE!!! Yeah, that's right. I sprinkled in some soy sauce over the broccoli and beef tips. It was like my own version of beef and broccoli (but healthier).

It came out T.A.S.T.Y. (totally, amazingly, super tasty, yo!).

Since I can already make egg drop soup (maybe I'll post that at a later date) and now beef and broccoli, now I just need to learn how to make fortune cookies and I can be my own Chinese restaurant!

"NOSOUPFORYOU!"

I had it again for lunch the next day....Soy Sauce is a GREAT cooking marinade/spice.

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment