Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chocolate - Banana Cream Pie

My friend Kevin is moving back home to Charleston, SC. While it totally sucks, it means I now have an inexpensive vacation spot down there!!

He came over and we had a few people over for dinner and goodbyes. He made his AWESOME pasta salad we all L.O.V.E. (we use it to carb load before races too!). I'll post that super-easy-you-don't-even-need-to-write-it-down-recipe in the near future.

Anyways....I made dessert....and picked out a Banana Cream Pie recipe (in honor of his love for chocolate. And bananas).

----------

Chocolate - Banana Cream Pie

Ingredients
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)
- 2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free French vanilla yogurt
- 1 box (6-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Additional banana slices, if desired
- Chocolate shavings, if desired

Directions
- Arrange banana slices over bottom of crust; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat milk, yogurt and pudding mix with electric mixer on low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Pour over banana slices in crust.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours, until set.
- To serve, top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices and chocolate shavings.

----------

Ok, obv this is the recipe pic, and not my personal pic.

I didn't put chocolate shavings or extra bananas in it. BUT when I make it again I am DEF putting 2 (or maybe 3) layers of bananas on the bottom. Mostly because I love bananas, and partially because I only had a few of them in my piece...I WANT ONE WITH EACH BITE!

It was rather tasty, and I am sure I will be making it again. I mean come on...

Chocolate + Bananas = a little slice of heaven!!!

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment