Friday, March 26, 2010

Zesty Spinach-Lemon Salad

My friend (and blog follower) Sara K. hit me up with a recipe that is her FAV, and that she thought I'd like. So of COURSE I tried it.

----------

Zesty Spinach-Lemon Salad (I made the name myself - I was calling it "Sara K. Salad)

Ingredients
- 1 box tri color rotini pasta (any pasta works, this is just the prettiest)
- 1 bag spinach shredded (as much as you like, i just get the bags with the bag salad in the produce section)
- 1 plastic box full cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 whole medium lemon rind
- splash of olive oil (don't go to heavy or it gets greasy)

Directions
- Boil the noodles as directed
- Pour hot noodles over spinach and let it sit a minute to wilt the spinach
- Add in the tomatoes, lemon and olive oil and mix

----------
According to Sara you can serve it warm or cold, entree or side dish.

I made it last night, and it turned out tasty. However, I realized I used a LOT of lemon rind, so the pasta was super zesty (word of the day?)! I was curious while making it where the flavor would come from, DEF from the lemon! I had it as a side, with Pork Chops as my main dish. I had plenty left over (I made the whole pasta box) so I brought it for lunch today.

I think if you add some tuna it'll give it a little diff flavor, but still a great taste!

This is perfect for summer/spring to take anywhere (cookout, bbq, friends potluck, nowhere) to share with friends (or keep to yourself). It makes a lot, and is different from the usual pasta salad - so try it out at your next potluck/cookout!

On a side note: every time I see the lemon rind shavings I think it's cheese, but once I take a bite, my mouth realizes its not! Tricky Lemon Rinds!!!

Thanks for the recipe Sara!!

Enjoy! - apes -

PS - If you haven't yet...click on the "become a follower" button and show me your support! (no registration for blogger is required).

No comments:

Post a Comment