Friday, March 26, 2010

Chocolate Chip Angel Food Cake

Let's Bake!

That's the thought I had a few days ago, as I hadn't baked in a while. So I found a HEALTHY dessert - chocolate chip angel food cake. Sounds delish - right??? So I took one for the team (aka, my 5 readers) and tried it out.

----------

Chocolate Chip Angel Food Cake

Ingredients
- 1 box (1 lb) white angel food cake mix
- Water called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
- Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Make cake mix as directed on box
- Pour into pan
- Top mix off with chocolate chips
- Bake, cool and remove from pan as directed.

----------




<----- After I had some




<----- Piece from the top, and piece upside down (to see the choc chips)






Ok, while this was SUPER easy to make - it didn't come out like it was supposed to.

First off - USE A BIG BOWL, once you mix the mix, it fluffs up...ALOT. I put the chocolate chips in once the mix was in the pan (I had read reviews of the chips sinking if you mix it in WITH the mix - hence why I changed the dir above) but all the chocolate chips still sunk to the bottom :(. I also put in a whole bag of the chips, instead of just a cup - I can't help it, I like chocolate.

I was also afraid it was going to burn so I took it out 5 min early. It didn't hurt it at all, but the bottom wasn't fully cooked. It ended up turning out tasty, but a little messy.

I wish the chips wouldn't have sunk to the bottom of the mix - OR I had the correct "Angel food cake pan" instead of a brownie pan. Oh well.

Oh, and did I mention...IT'S LOW FAT!! SO EAT AWAY!!! (and let me know if you solve the sinking chips problem).

I hope I can get my next baking recipe (whatever it may be) to come out perfect! Maybe I'll just make some cookies.

Enjoy! - apes -

No comments:

Post a Comment